Because I’m traveling around Australia for 16 days and I obviously need my beauty products…
Today is my birthday, and tomorrow I’m heading off to Australia for 16 days. To say that I’m a little stressed out about leaving for so long is a total understatement, which makes me feel old AF but I’m trying to focus on all the ridiculously amazing activities I have planned. Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef? Check. Hugging a koala? Check. The tricky part about packing for this trip is the fact that, one, Australia has the opposite seasons as the United States and, two, I’m traveling around to different areas which will ALSO have different temperature/weather situations. Naturally, I’ve avoided packing any clothing until the last minute, duh, but I’ve been planning my beauty packing list for weeks. Makes total sense, right? Here’s what I’m bringing with me down under:
- Neutrogena Age Shield Face Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF 110: The sun is SUPER STRONG in Australia since the entire continent is below the equator line. I’m not taking any chances and just going for full-blown, broad-spectrum SPF 110. Yep, no sun for me!
- It Cosmetics CC Veil SPF 50 Foundation: I want to bring a foundation that won’t accidentally crack open and spill everywhere so this cushion compact is perfect. I also love that it will give me an additional SPF 50. #SorryNotSorry
- The Honest Company Bug Spray: Bugs? No thank you. I used this stuff when I was in TULUM last year it and worked WONDERS. I didn’t even get one mosquito bite and I really love that it doesn’t have any DEET or other harsh chemicals in it.
- Rene Furterer Solaire Protective Summer Oil: Since, again, the sun is insanely strong down under I want to also make sure I protect my hair color. This lotion has UV filters to prevent color from fading and will also give me scalp a little extra protection as well.
- La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water: This stuff is fab for the plane and since my plane ride will be close to 16 hours (UGH), I’m sure I’ll need a spritz or two of fresh water to give my skin some instant hydration.
- AVEENO Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Wipes: Since I want to bring as few liquid items as possible, makeup removing wipes are the way to go. This version from AVEENO is formulated with moisture-rich natural soy extract. These gentle but effective wipes quickly and easily remove all traces of makeup, even waterproof mascara, oil and dirt. Plus they don’t make your eyes sting, which is something I look for with makeup removing wipes. Who wants stinging eyes?!
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Delightful Rose Lip Balm: A good lip balm is a must-carry when traveling but having dry, chapped lips is a terrible feeling. Lately I’m loving this rose-scented version that also has super hydrating shea butter.
- Klorane Smoothing & Relaxing Eye Patches: These are my airplane favorites! Sure, you might look a little crazy wearing them but it’s 100% worth it.
SHOP THE POST