I know I’ve been lacking with posts lately, but here’s why…I’ve been in New York.
So I recently got the opportunity to go on an a-mazing press trip to Vegas (yes, LAS VEGAS) and check out the Monte Carlo Resort & Casino. Nadine and I road-tripped it down to Vegas on Saturday afternoon and then I flew back solo to LA on Sunday night (had to get back in time to attend the ThinkThruFashion Accessory Swap!). Here’s a run-down of what we did:
- Got a tour of Las Vegas’ City Center- totally modern and Jetsons-like.
- Dinner at Diablo’s Cantina in the Monte Carlo. I love me some Mexican food and it was great to meet the other bloggers and PR team over margaritas and guac.
- A Vegas show- Frank Caliendo. We had the pleasure of a meet-and-greet with Frank before the show started and he had all of us cracking up. I admit I wasn’t familiar with Frank beforehand but the show was honestly hilarious. He specializes in impersonations and does a hilarious Clinton and George W. Bush.
- After dinner the group all grabbed drinks and then Nadine and I went out and partied at EyeCandy in the Montego Bay hotel. This is where we also ran into another impersonator, the dude from “The Hangover.” Hilarity ensued.
- After a crazy night, we slept in a bit and then headed down to our private cabana by the pool. When I say private, I mean seriously VIP…our area was completely gated off and when we had our own mini pool to swim in. Vegas in July can be seriously brutal but being in the cabana was complete heaven. We had flat screen TVs and a few sofas to lounge around in the shade. We ordered mimosas and chowed down on guacamole and watermelon vodka shooters. How can it get any better, right?
- Once it got too hot to stay outside, we decided to try out our luck in the casino (my fave!). I’m strictly a Black Jack girl but decided that I need to expand into the world of Craps and Roulette. Unfortunately, luck wasn’t on my side this trip…but Nadine won a bit of spending money!
- After I lost it all (or at least all I allowed myself to play with), we met up with the group again for a private tour of HOTEL32. The Monte Carlo adopted the slogan “Unpretentiously Luxurious,” and this proved to be completely true as we toured HOTEL32. With a seperate elevator, we arrived on the 32nd floor to be greeted by reception and were escorted into a lounge area where we were served cocktails and special appetizers. Seeing HOTEL32 has turned me into a total techie…I want to make everything in my apartment state-of-the-art now. If only I won some money on this trip, lol.
Here are some photo highlights:
My suite at the Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
Me and Frank Caliendo
Me and Nadine at EyeCandy
Nadine, the guy from “The Hangover,” me at EyeCandy
So make sure you check out a few of my top girl’s getaway vacation picks…I’m a guest blogger on of my absolute favorite blogs of all time, The Jet Set Girls! Thanks, Anne!