Because you guys loved my post on the best lip oils and these are the very best lip scrubs around (+ three lip masks!)…
This best of lip scrub post is loooong overdue after seeing how much you guys loved my post on the best lip oils for the driest lips! Considering that exfoliating your lips is a VIP step for getting smooth, hydrated lips, you can rest assure that these are, in fact, the best of the best. Here are my all-time favorites to-date, just in time for you to try for Valentine’s Day. A good lip scrub also makes a great gift, just saying, plus I also included two lip MASKS that anyone would be thrilled to get…
1. Patchology Lip Service: I tried this new product literally as soon as it arrived at my front door. Aside from the Girl Scout Thin Mint-like flavor (my fave), it’s formulated with hyaluronic acid, aloe and honey for a cushion of hydration and a glossy pout. So, yes, not technically a scrub but the super hydrating ingredients will prevent your lips from flaking.
2. Nurse Jamie NuLips Rx: I was drawn into this one because of the fact that it comes with an anti-microbial silicone lip brush that gently exfoliates your lips, helping to remove dry skin and dead skin cells for smooth, baby soft lips. The lip balm itself is also fab; it’s all-natural, petroleum free and contains hyaluronic acid that helps plump your lips along with beneficial oils to hydrate, protect and moisturize. Plus, for selfish reasons, I like things that say “Jamie” 🙂
3. Fresh Sugar Lip Polish: The fan favorite/O.G. of lip scrubs, for sure. This scrub gently buffs away dry flakes using its brown sugar crystals and natural humectants, while conditioning the lips with shea butter and jojoba oil- your lips will be SO soft after you use this stuff.
4. LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask: Ok, so this is technically a MASK and not a scrub but I’m in LOVE with this stuff and wanted to include it since a mask is a great night time step after exfoliation. And, in fact, you can even use this mask as a preventative product to reduce lip flakiness! Enriched with vitamin C and antioxidants, its Berry Mix Complex offers a nutritiously sweet and fragrant blend of raspberry, strawberry, cranberry, and blueberry extracts – yum. The brand’s Moisture Wrap technology boasts hyaluronic acid and minerals to form a protective film over the lips to lock in moisture and the active ingredients.
5. Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask: This is another lip mask I love but, again, you can use it to prevent your lips from flaking (meaning you have to scrub less!). Bite Beauty’s intensive nightly recovery lip mask is handcrafted with agave nectar and jojoba oil. Rich and nourishing, it envelops lips in emollient ingredients to help hydrate and improve the texture of lips so they’re healthier-looking, soothed, and softer.
6. GlamGlow Poutmud Fizzy Lip Exfoliating Treatment: I love the fact this treatment fizzes and exfoliates! Enriched with Caribbean cane sugar, Hawaiian sea salt, and hibiscus flower powder, this lip treatment exfoliates your lips, while an antioxidant-rich tropical fruit blend of sweet almond oil, guava, cherimoya, star fruit, lychee, and mangosteen replenishes and nourishes lips—making it the perfect pre-color application treatment to ensure even, smooth coverage.
7. Rodial Lip Scrub: The pen applicator of this baby is easily portable and mess-free. Fine sugar crystals offer gentle lip exfoliation, while panthenol and vitamin E hydrate and nourish. Lips are left smoothed, moisturised and less prone to chapping.
8. Givenchy Le Soin Noir Rituel Levres Lip Exfoliator: I love a good scrub and balm duo! Plus, can we even discuss the chic packaging? I just love keeping this on my bathroom shelf, personally.
9. ILIA Balmy Nights Lip Exfoliator: For the organic/natural enthusiast, ILIA is a great option. I love the stick form (no mess!) and this version is blended with tiny granules of volcanic stone powder that gently exfoliates the lips leaving a smooth, kissable surface in its place.