Because these are a few of my summertime makeup favorites…
Charcoal: good for alcohol poisoning, drug overdoses and, yes, even your SKIN…
Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15 (I wear Ivory)
Youngblood Natural Mineral Loose Foundation (I wear Cool Beige)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (in Perversion)
Clarins Instant Smooth Crystal Balm (in Crystal Berry)
My necklace: Capwell + Co. Bronze Metal Petal Necklace
At first, I said I had snowstorm FOMO…that is, until I started hearing the term “polar vortex” thrown around. I mean. I’m all for a fun snow day, but I’m not so into the idea of it being below freezing outside. Even though I’m in Los Angeles, I put together a collection of some awesome beauty products to help you bea/SURVIVE the polar vortex.
Gifts that give back is pretty much a staple when it comes to my holiday gift guide; charity and giving back is such an important part of MY life, that I feel it’s super important to spread the word about how there are many companies that actually DO care. Here are a few of my favorite beauty products that give back, all of which would make for excellent gifts:
1. Clinique Happy Hearts Perfume: $10 from every purchase goes to the Happy Hearts Fund, a non-profit foundation dedicated to rebuilding schools and restoring hope in the lives of children after natural disasters. To date, Clinique has donated $250,000 to the Happy Hearts Fund and will continue to support programs provided by this wonderful organization.
2. MAC RuPaul The Original Viva Glam Lipstick: MAC’s Viva Glam has raised a mind-boggling $250 million for HIV/AIDS programs since 1994 and they’re bringing their original Viva Glam Girl back! RuPaul’s shade and every cent will go towards helping women, men, and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
3. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Whipped Body Butter: Available in Grapefruit or Coriander, by purchasing a jar of the Kiehl’s Creme de Corps whipped body butter, you can take a step to end childhood hunger in the United States — up to $100,000 from all net proceeds will benefit the No Kid Hungry cause, which provides additional meals to children in need. One jar provides 380 meals, and in addition to the amazing cause it benefits. Done deal.
4. LUSH Charity Pot Cocoa Butter Lotion: Not only is this heavenly lotion vegan and sourced from Fair Trade organic cocoa butter, it also contributes every penny of its price (after tax) directly to various amazing charities. Since 2005, they’ve donated to more than 350 charities including Black Pine Animal Sanctuary, Acid Survivors Trust, and the Beagle Freedom Project.
5. OPI Sandy Hook Green Nail Polish: OPI bottled the rich, bright green of Sandy Hook Elementary’s school colors to support Sandy Hook Promise. All proceeds will aid the families of Newtown and promote an open dialogue about mental health, school safety, and gun safety.
Gel moisturizers. Ahhh, yes. I know it’s getting cooler outside, but I just can’t get enough of the cool feeling on my face. Putting gel moisturizer on after a hot shower is THE BEST, and here are my favorites:
1. Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream: This version is wallet-friendly, yet still really hydrating and soothing.
2. SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel: This gel is enriched with vitamin B5, which is known to help with tissue repair. I love that it also contains hyalruonic acid (the body’s natural hydrator).
3. Koh Gen Do Moisture Spa Gel: I haven’t tried many products from this line, but anything I have tried has been awesome. This gel, formulated with mineral-rich hot spring water and botanicals, there’s also emollient capsules that instantly melt into the skin. Yes, please.
4. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream: Kiehl’s is my world, obviously. This oil-free version helps to reduce excess oil on the skin’s surface and also re-balances the skin’s barrier for a smoother appearance.
5. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Gel Creme: This lightweight, oil-free formula gives an instant boost of moisture that lasts for 24 hours. It immediately cools and refreshes the skin, leaving it feeling softer, smoother.
6. Boscia Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel: This black gel (yes, it is really black) contains a range of powerful ingredients. Artichoke leaf extract improves elasticity to help tighten pore walls. Charcoal absorbs excess oil and impurities as it detoxifies. Glycolic acid helps clarify skin and smooth rough texture. Vitamin C helps brighten skintone and minimize fine lines as it defends from free radical damage. It’s basically a jar full of goodness.