Ok, so I’m a big believer that there really isn’t an answer to the “best” mother’s day gift, since the “best” gift really depends on your mother. But hey, these are gifts that I know MY mom would absolutely love…and that’s good enough for me.
1. Maya Brenner Letter Necklace: What’s not to love about the initials of your children (Jamie and Melissa)?! I feel like any mother would adore these dainty necklaces.
2. Jouer Cosmetics Deluxe Leather Train Case: I don’t know about you guys but my mom’s makeup case is a complete disaster. I want to get my mom something classic, simple and chic for her to store her daily makeup products.
3. Flavor Infused Water Bottle: Unlike myself, my mom doesn’t really like drinking water. From what I hear, infusing water with fruit seems to help the anti-water people get it down in a somewhat enjoyable way.
4. Drybar Buttercup Blow Dryer: I don’t think my mom has purchased a new blow dryer since the early 90s, which is exactly why I want to get my mom a super modern, turbo-infused blow dryer that will literally knock her socks off.
5. Pottery Barn Glass Cloche Jewelry Storage: There’s something really elegant and whimsical about this jewelry holder and, funny enough, my mom’s name starts with an “A,” so I can already imagine what my mom’s jewels will look like in this holder.
It’s kind of a weird feeling when you start to realize that a LOT of your friends are moving in with their significant others, getting engaged and buying houses, which is why I decided to stock up on a few items that everyone will love – here are my top five picks for the best hostess/host gifts. These gifts are guaranteed to be loved by anyone, I promise.
3. Fortune cookie box: I love this. It’s chic and quirky and you can even add in your own fortune, custom for the hostess/host.
4. Black Hawaiian sea salt: Fancy salts are very grown up, that’s a fact. My friend Jen bought me a little jar of black truffle salt for my 30th this year and it was honestly one of my favorite gifts.
5. Tokyo Milk octopus bubble bath: Clearly I always default to giving beauty products as gifts, duh, but when presenting for a hostess, presentation is key. The octopus bubble bath packaging is not only amazing, but the design is chic and fun.