Because I’m a last-minute bitch and I’m certainly NOT a makeup artist…
Truth be told, I was nervous AF to do this IGTV video. I’m certainly no makeup artist but, at the same time, I get SO MANY makeup requests for my blog that I felt like I had to do something fun for Halloween. As an almost-always last minute bitch for Halloween (LMB – I think I made this up, by the way), I tried to think of a makeup look that I would want to do myself and, of course, that you can do super last-minute.
A Day of the Dead makeup look is just so fun and you can really personalize them, which is awesome. And, if you need some inspo, literally Google “Day of the dead Halloween makeup” and there are thousands. Seriously so many good ideas to play off of.
I decided I wanted to do half my face and leave my eyes and the top part of my face totally regular so that – boom – you’re shocked by the bottom half 🙂
The flower, butterfly and skull headband and the black rhinestones are both on Amazon Prime so you’re set there and even though I used two MAC Paintsticks for the white and black face paint, you can totally just get regular face paint from any Halloween store, drugstore, etc.
A few notes as a now “experienced” non-makeup artist:
- I’m not super happy with the way the mouth turned out. If I could do it again, I would’ve skipped the black lines around my lips and just left it bare and kind of Joker-like.
- I also would’ve used MORE RHINESTONES cause omg they are just so fun and I feel like it would’ve made a bigger impact if I maybe used double.
- Lancome Drama Liqui-Pencil Longwear Eyeliner in Metallic White Gold
- Ardell LashGrip Clear Adhesive
- Black rhinestone and tweezer set
- Flower, butterfly and skull headband
- MAC Paintstick in white
- MAC Paintstick in black
- L’Oreal Paris lipstick in Blake’s Red
Tell me what you think! I plan on doing more IGTV (though likely more skincare focused) so make sure you’re following me @itsJamieStone.