I recently upgraded to the iPhone 5 which, by the way, I’m absolutely obsessed with. And once I settled into my new phone, I was faced with the epic white girl problem of which iPhone case to purchase. Whoa is me, right? Well, here are my favorite cases for the new iPhone 5. Enjoy.
It’s the season to give, not receive, BUT that doesn’t mean that a girl can’t dream, right? Here’s a selection of a few things that have been on my “want” list for some time now. I decided to start a Pinterest page as a sort of “to get” checklist…we’ll see if I ever actually even buy any of this stuff (especially the MacBook Air) but, hey, like I said, a girl can dream! It’s funny how, as we get older, our wants and needs totally change. My friend Devon recently posted a story to Facebook called “50 Things You Will Never Get For Christmas Again” (and I literally laughed out loud while reading it). It’s kind of amazing that I used to own nearly everything on this list, not kidding, and even more amazing, what the hell were my parents thinking buying me all this stuff? I’m not complaining, they were (and still are) the best parents ever and I know they clearly just wanted to make me happy, but this year especially, with all the tragedy that’s happened recently, makes me really stop and appreciate the little things; things like my family (especially my nephew!), my friends and, most of all, my health. As I mentioned in my guest post for Dina, I recently found out that a long-time friend has been diagnosed with Leukemia and, on top of that, the recent school shooting in Connecticut has really shaken me (and many people) at the core.
2012 has been a rough year for me personally AND the world, so here’s to a more positive 2013…let’s remember to be kind to each other.
Oh, and after that long, depressing rant, here are my actual gift picks:
1. J. Crew Printed Backup Battery for iPhone: I already have the matching leopard print case so why wouldn’t I want the backup battery? This is genius and I’m not quite sure why they didn’t think of this before. Cheers to a longer-lasting cell phone battery!
2. Vince Camuto Pyramid Stud Bracelet Watch: I don’t usually wear watches and when asked why, I’m one to usually quote Clueless: “a watch doesn’t really go with this outfit, Daddy” BUT I’m way into this bracelet/watch combo. It’s modern and chic and the ugly watch part is hidden.
3. MacBook Air: I was never a Mac girl until about three years ago until a job I had required that everyone work on one. I immediately went into panic mode. And then I got used to it and realized that Mac computers are FAR SUPERIOR to PCs. I, of course, had just recently purchased a new PC laptop before I discovered this little factoid but I think I’ll be ready to make the switch soon. Santa?
4. De Medici Gastronomia Truffle Oil: My obsession with all things truffle is getting a little out of control. And, clearly, once I discovered that you can buy truffle oil (and salt!) at specialty grocery stores, it was pretty much game ON for salads, popcorn, eggs, and other goodness. I can’t get enough.
5. Neiman Marcus for Target Tracy Reese blouse: I was immediately drawn to this top when I saw the pure sparkle of it…but $80??? For a Target top? I don’t think so. Well kids, it was just reduced to $39.99. You’re welcome.
I don’t know why I’m so obsessed with Pantone and its chic-ness, but I am. And when Pantone announcedtheir list of top colors for Spring 2013, I got super excited because let’s face it…I look really good in this color blue. Modesty aside, here are some of my favorite items in one of this Spring’s hottest color:
J. Crew Zigzag Sequin Tee: I literally just tried this top on in J. Crew in size XS. It fit but didn’t look good…I had the salesperson look up all the size smalls in the LA area and she could only come up with one store, in the valley. Grab this up in your size ASAP before they’re all sold out. Obsessed.
A friend and I are heading out to the desert tomorrow morning at, gasp, 9AM. There are very few things that could actually get me to wake up before 11 on a Saturday but hey, Memorial Day in Palm Springs is calling me.
J. Crew bikinitopandbottom: I love a red bikini or, really, a red anything. This one is simple and the strings make this particular style look good on almost every body type.
Dorothy Perkins Black Aztec Crossover Dress: First off, I love the pattern. Second, this dress is the perfect minimalist vacay dress (and can also serve as a cover up!) that can take you right from daytime to night.
Forever21 Classic Straw Fedora: A hat is a MUST when I’m outside in the sun for a long period of time. Not only does it keep me cool but it also prevents sun damage on my face and scalp.
Redken Color Extend Sun Solar Screen SPF 12: Blonde hair can fade and oxidize fast when in the sun for too long so it’s VIP that I apply a spray with SPF protection and, as a bonus, the SPF also protects your scalp.
Kate Somerville SPF 55 Serum Tinted Sunscreen: It’s very inaprop to wear a full face of foundation at the pool or beach but yeah, with my rosacea and hyperpigmentation, I never go full on bare faced. This face serum is the perfect solution to my problem since it not only has SPF 55 but it’s a serum (e.g. lightweight) and it’s tinted so it actually hides most of my imperfections.