I don’t know if I believe in fate but I DO believe that everything happens for a reason. And, with that said, I’m excited, yet also shocked, that today is my blog’s 7th blogiversary. How CRAZY is that?! I mean…seven years of beauty reviews (and more)? I just can’t. What’s even more shocking is that as of Tuesday, I am FULL TIME BLOGGER. Yes, that’s right…I’m going for it, guys. It’s all happening. I’m 30 now, and it’s time for me to take chances, dream big and live my life to the fullest. So here we go…happy 7th blogiversary to ME.
Also, happy 7th blogiversary to Amber, who, ironically enough, started her blog on the EXACT SAME DAY. How crazy is that?
It’s been a loooooooong process guys, (like since the end of November), but I am SO EXCITED to announce that my blog is being completely redesigned! Like, soup to nuts…but I’ve always hated that saying. I don’t have an exact launch date yet but I’m told by my genius designer and coder that it should be by the end of this week!
I can’t say enough about how much your support means to me…I know sometimes it’s hard because, according to studies, 90% of blog readers don’t comment on the blogs that they read (!), but I know from your emails and tweets that you’re out there…and you love reading my blog 🙂 This redesign is something that I’ve been thinking about for a LONG TIME and I even toyed with the idea of changing my blog name now that I’m 30; however, I’m gonna stick with it for awhile and see where things go…that’s what life is all about, right? 🙂 I can’t wait to share the new look and feel with you!
It’s the season to give, not receive, BUT that doesn’t mean that a girl can’t dream, right? Here’s a selection of a few things that have been on my “want” list for some time now. I decided to start a Pinterest page as a sort of “to get” checklist…we’ll see if I ever actually even buy any of this stuff (especially the MacBook Air) but, hey, like I said, a girl can dream! It’s funny how, as we get older, our wants and needs totally change. My friend Devon recently posted a story to Facebook called “50 Things You Will Never Get For Christmas Again” (and I literally laughed out loud while reading it). It’s kind of amazing that I used to own nearly everything on this list, not kidding, and even more amazing, what the hell were my parents thinking buying me all this stuff? I’m not complaining, they were (and still are) the best parents ever and I know they clearly just wanted to make me happy, but this year especially, with all the tragedy that’s happened recently, makes me really stop and appreciate the little things; things like my family (especially my nephew!), my friends and, most of all, my health. As I mentioned in my guest post for Dina, I recently found out that a long-time friend has been diagnosed with Leukemia and, on top of that, the recent school shooting in Connecticut has really shaken me (and many people) at the core.
2012 has been a rough year for me personally AND the world, so here’s to a more positive 2013…let’s remember to be kind to each other.
Oh, and after that long, depressing rant, here are my actual gift picks:
1. J. Crew Printed Backup Battery for iPhone: I already have the matching leopard print case so why wouldn’t I want the backup battery? This is genius and I’m not quite sure why they didn’t think of this before. Cheers to a longer-lasting cell phone battery!
2. Vince Camuto Pyramid Stud Bracelet Watch: I don’t usually wear watches and when asked why, I’m one to usually quote Clueless: “a watch doesn’t really go with this outfit, Daddy” BUT I’m way into this bracelet/watch combo. It’s modern and chic and the ugly watch part is hidden.
3. MacBook Air: I was never a Mac girl until about three years ago until a job I had required that everyone work on one. I immediately went into panic mode. And then I got used to it and realized that Mac computers are FAR SUPERIOR to PCs. I, of course, had just recently purchased a new PC laptop before I discovered this little factoid but I think I’ll be ready to make the switch soon. Santa?
4. De Medici Gastronomia Truffle Oil: My obsession with all things truffle is getting a little out of control. And, clearly, once I discovered that you can buy truffle oil (and salt!) at specialty grocery stores, it was pretty much game ON for salads, popcorn, eggs, and other goodness. I can’t get enough.
5. Neiman Marcus for Target Tracy Reese blouse: I was immediately drawn to this top when I saw the pure sparkle of it…but $80??? For a Target top? I don’t think so. Well kids, it was just reduced to $39.99. You’re welcome.
You probably saw my post from last week where I shared the link for POPSUGAR’s live holiday gift guide, where yours truly was featured as the “commercial break.” Yes, yes, it’s true. Apparently I’m doing commercials now. Ha. Jokes aside, I had a blast filming this P&G Beauty-sponsored holiday gifting video and hopefully there are many more to come! And, if you haven’t already, make sure you check out the Olay and Old Spice gift sets I feature in the video- they’re awesome!
You probably saw my tweets and post about the POPSUGAR holiday beauty video that I shot a few weeks back (for P&G beauty) and I am SO EXCITED to let you guys know that it will go live THIS WEDNESDAY (e.g. tomorrow) during their live holiday gift guide! You can tune in for an hour by clicking HERE – it’s at 12pm PST/ 3pm EST so make sure to mark your calendar!