It’s the season to give, not receive, BUT that doesn’t mean that a girl can’t dream, right? Here’s a selection of a few things that have been on my “want” list for some time now. I decided to start a Pinterest page as a sort of “to get” checklist…we’ll see if I ever actually even buy any of this stuff (especially the MacBook Air) but, hey, like I said, a girl can dream! It’s funny how, as we get older, our wants and needs totally change. My friend Devon recently posted a story to Facebook called “50 Things You Will Never Get For Christmas Again” (and I literally laughed out loud while reading it). It’s kind of amazing that I used to own nearly everything on this list, not kidding, and even more amazing, what the hell were my parents thinking buying me all this stuff? I’m not complaining, they were (and still are) the best parents ever and I know they clearly just wanted to make me happy, but this year especially, with all the tragedy that’s happened recently, makes me really stop and appreciate the little things; things like my family (especially my nephew!), my friends and, most of all, my health. As I mentioned in my guest post for Dina, I recently found out that a long-time friend has been diagnosed with Leukemia and, on top of that, the recent school shooting in Connecticut has really shaken me (and many people) at the core.
2012 has been a rough year for me personally AND the world, so here’s to a more positive 2013…let’s remember to be kind to each other.
Oh, and after that long, depressing rant, here are my actual gift picks:
1. J. Crew Printed Backup Battery for iPhone: I already have the matching leopard print case so why wouldn’t I want the backup battery? This is genius and I’m not quite sure why they didn’t think of this before. Cheers to a longer-lasting cell phone battery!
2. Vince Camuto Pyramid Stud Bracelet Watch: I don’t usually wear watches and when asked why, I’m one to usually quote Clueless: “a watch doesn’t really go with this outfit, Daddy” BUT I’m way into this bracelet/watch combo. It’s modern and chic and the ugly watch part is hidden.
3. MacBook Air: I was never a Mac girl until about three years ago until a job I had required that everyone work on one. I immediately went into panic mode. And then I got used to it and realized that Mac computers are FAR SUPERIOR to PCs. I, of course, had just recently purchased a new PC laptop before I discovered this little factoid but I think I’ll be ready to make the switch soon. Santa?
4. De Medici Gastronomia Truffle Oil: My obsession with all things truffle is getting a little out of control. And, clearly, once I discovered that you can buy truffle oil (and salt!) at specialty grocery stores, it was pretty much game ON for salads, popcorn, eggs, and other goodness. I can’t get enough.
5. Neiman Marcus for Target Tracy Reese blouse: I was immediately drawn to this top when I saw the pure sparkle of it…but $80??? For a Target top? I don’t think so. Well kids, it was just reduced to $39.99. You’re welcome.