The Super Bowl. Yes…I bet you never thought that you’d read about such an event on THIS blog, right? Well there comes a time when you (and I) have to accept that the Super Bowl is an event that you can’t avoid, especially if you have a boyfriend, husband or even a ton of guy friends. Here’s my cheat sheet to surviving the most boring day of the year:
1. Learn which teams are playing. You don’t need to know details, just learn their names, colors and what city/state they’re from. This year, it’s the San Francisco (California!) 49ers versus the Baltimore (Maryland) Ravens. San Fran is red and gold and the Ravens are a purplish blue and black. Check.
2. Find a good cocktail that you can drink for the whole game. Belvedere Vodka created a delicious concoction called “The Big Easy,” obviously named after New Orleans (where the SB is taking place) and I’m way into it.
- 1.5 oz. Belvedere Citrus
- 3/4 oz. Canton ginger liqueur
- 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- Apple cider top
- Shake and strain citrus, lemon juice and Canton into a highball filled with cubed ice
- Garnish with a lemon slice
3. Accessorize with “your” team’s colors. Now, I don’t have a team, per se, but since I live in California, I feel the need to support the 49ers. And luckily for me, I have a TON of red and gold but if you don’t, try just throwing on some gold bracelets and earrings. Easy.
4. Find some (somewhat) healthy food to eat. Aside from Halloween, I can’t really think of another day where you might possibly eat more junk food. Not that I don’t LOVE fried wings and nachos, but ya know…we gotta keep it in CHECK. Here a few great, healthy recipes that I found on various sites: