I’ve been a product-testing maniac this past week, for no other reason but for the fact that I’m crazy behind and the products… they are building up…like in PILES on my floor.
Tag Archives: Garnier
In my shower
As a beauty editor, I get a ridiculous amount of products sent to me for review and, believe me, that’s not a humble brag, it really is insane how much stuff enters my 700 square foot apartment every month. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE it…but when it comes to my shower routine I tend to stick the the basics. Right now I’m loving a few different products but probably don’t use as many as one might assume, which is mainly because ain’t nobody got time for that, ya know? Here are my current favorites:
The Best Gel Moisturizers
Gel moisturizers. Ahhh, yes. I know it’s getting cooler outside, but I just can’t get enough of the cool feeling on my face. Putting gel moisturizer on after a hot shower is THE BEST, and here are my favorites:
1. Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream: This version is wallet-friendly, yet still really hydrating and soothing.
2. SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel: This gel is enriched with vitamin B5, which is known to help with tissue repair. I love that it also contains hyalruonic acid (the body’s natural hydrator).
3. Koh Gen Do Moisture Spa Gel: I haven’t tried many products from this line, but anything I have tried has been awesome. This gel, formulated with mineral-rich hot spring water and botanicals, there’s also emollient capsules that instantly melt into the skin. Yes, please.
4. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream: Kiehl’s is my world, obviously. This oil-free version helps to reduce excess oil on the skin’s surface and also re-balances the skin’s barrier for a smoother appearance.
5. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Gel Creme: This lightweight, oil-free formula gives an instant boost of moisture that lasts for 24 hours. It immediately cools and refreshes the skin, leaving it feeling softer, smoother.
6. Boscia Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel: This black gel (yes, it is really black) contains a range of powerful ingredients. Artichoke leaf extract improves elasticity to help tighten pore walls. Charcoal absorbs excess oil and impurities as it detoxifies. Glycolic acid helps clarify skin and smooth rough texture. Vitamin C helps brighten skintone and minimize fine lines as it defends from free radical damage. It’s basically a jar full of goodness.