It’s kind of a weird feeling when you start to realize that a LOT of your friends are moving in with their significant others, getting engaged and buying houses, which is why I decided to stock up on a few items that everyone will love – here are my top five picks for the best hostess/host gifts. These gifts are guaranteed to be loved by anyone, I promise.
1. Diptyque votive candle trio: As you already know, I’m obsessed with Diptyque candles and, in fact, I featured this trio in my holiday gift guide as well. What I love about this trio, as opposed to buying just one candle, is that the hostess can then try three different scents and even burn them in three different rooms. This is an AMAZING gift, guys. (hint, hint).
2. Anthropologie DIY friendship bracelet kit: Obviously this gift is best for a woman but let me tell you, it’s a winner. Even if your friend isn’t super into DIY, this kit is really easy and fun to use.
3. Fortune cookie box: I love this. It’s chic and quirky and you can even add in your own fortune, custom for the hostess/host.
4. Black Hawaiian sea salt: Fancy salts are very grown up, that’s a fact. My friend Jen bought me a little jar of black truffle salt for my 30th this year and it was honestly one of my favorite gifts.
5. Tokyo Milk octopus bubble bath: Clearly I always default to giving beauty products as gifts, duh, but when presenting for a hostess, presentation is key. The octopus bubble bath packaging is not only amazing, but the design is chic and fun.