When Jouer Cosmetics launches new products, I always pay attention…
When my friends at Jouer Cosmetics offered me the chance to become an ICONIC MUSE for celebrity makeup artist and photographer, Troy Jensen, I jumped at the chance. If you’re like me and you’re obsessed with the beauty industry, then you KNOW of Troy and his work with celebs like Miranda Kerr, Elle Macpherson, Jennifer Lopez, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rachel McAdams and more, and I mean…I wasn’t about to scoff at annny of that. So, here’s how it went down…
We were told to bring a few pieces of clothing to wear for the shoot and, naturally, all I brought was my beloved Bebe motorcycle jacket and nothing else. Now, normally I wouldn’t have been such a jerk but I was scheduled for the second day of this epic shoot and I happened to see tons of Instagram photos from other beauty bloggers doing the same thing, all of which showed the most gorgeous sparkly pastel and white gowns that Jouer got for us to wear during the shoot. Since I’m so not the sparkly pastel dress kind of girl, I thought it might be fun to throw a little black moto over it and go for the punk princess kind of look. Luckily Troy was into it and, in fact, had this reaction:
“You…Brigitte Bardot. Yes!”
(which was achieved by the genius Nikki Lee and her team of 901 Salon)
Full disclosure: the first photo was retouched, but guys…I’m also posting a few of my favorite photos and some behind-the-scenes shots that are totally untouched (like the one directly above). As much as I love the idea of perfection, I’m a big believer in the #NotPhotoshopped movement because, honestly, the photos are gorgeous even with out the magic airbrush.
Here are more of my untouched faves and behind-the-scenes shots from the most amazing photo shoot ever:
KATE BECKINSALE (IN ZUHAIR MURAD)
Flawless dress, flawless face. Makeup artist Adam Breuchaud used Jouer Cosmetics on the stunning actress. “When I first saw the silver and gunmetal metallic dress I immediately thought it needed a sexy, rock n’ roll make up. We decided on a smudged kohl eye, almost the day after look,” said Adam. See below for the step-by-step…
I started by smudging Jouer Creme Eyeshadow in Suede all over the eye. I blended Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Opal in the inner corner for a highlight, then layered Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Chocolat over her lid. Next, I applied Jouer Eye Definer in Noir along the top and bottom lash line. Over that I blended Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Licorice to really smoke out the look.
After cleaning under her eye I applied the Jouer Age-Repairing Concealer in No.3 Cameo where needed. Then I applied the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Bronzed as a foundation. It is sheer enough to let the skin show through where you want and build more coverage where you need.
To finish off the look I used Jouer Lip Gloss in Cherish.
ALLISON WILLIAMS (IN ALEXANDER MCQUEEN)
- First, Lauren groomed Allison’s brows with Votre Vu Brow Wax.
- Next, she played up Allison’s baby blue eyes with a classic smokey eye using Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Urban Skyline.
- Lauren lined her eyes with Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Blackest Black and then coated lashes with Avon Mega Effects Mascara.
- On Allison’s face, Lauren applied YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation and then dusted on Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light.
- Lauren swiped Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Rose Petal on the apples of Allison’s cheeks.
- To complete the look, Lauren applied Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick in Ripe Rose.
OLIVIA WILDE (IN GUCCI)
Her hair. I can’t…it’s just so good. Hair stylist Lona Vigi captured the pregnant starlet’s natural beauty. Lona said, “Olivia wanted to feel like herself tonight – beautiful, but not overdone – so I decided to leave her hair down. I think this look is sexy and effortless. And even a bit rock ‘n roll.”
1. Prep wet hair using Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum on the ends for shine and to protect the cuticles; Oscar Blandi Lacca Hairspray on the roots for body and “staying power;” and Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Heat Protect Spray to safeguard from hot tools.
2. Part the hair to one side and blow-dry using a round brush.
3. Spray hair all over with Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray and then curl it, alternating with different curling iron barrels (¾ to 1½ inches); repeat and tousle for more texture.
4. Spray Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Spray onto the roots and all over for body, shine and to absorb any product residue.
Ok, so I’m a big believer that there really isn’t an answer to the “best” mother’s day gift, since the “best” gift really depends on your mother. But hey, these are gifts that I know MY mom would absolutely love…and that’s good enough for me.
1. Maya Brenner Letter Necklace: What’s not to love about the initials of your children (Jamie and Melissa)?! I feel like any mother would adore these dainty necklaces.
2. Jouer Cosmetics Deluxe Leather Train Case: I don’t know about you guys but my mom’s makeup case is a complete disaster. I want to get my mom something classic, simple and chic for her to store her daily makeup products.
3. Flavor Infused Water Bottle: Unlike myself, my mom doesn’t really like drinking water. From what I hear, infusing water with fruit seems to help the anti-water people get it down in a somewhat enjoyable way.
4. Drybar Buttercup Blow Dryer: I don’t think my mom has purchased a new blow dryer since the early 90s, which is exactly why I want to get my mom a super modern, turbo-infused blow dryer that will literally knock her socks off.
5. Pottery Barn Glass Cloche Jewelry Storage: There’s something really elegant and whimsical about this jewelry holder and, funny enough, my mom’s name starts with an “A,” so I can already imagine what my mom’s jewels will look like in this holder.