I’d love to be able to say that I wash my face every night with one of my favorite gel cleansers, but I can’t.
Gifts that give back is pretty much a staple when it comes to my holiday gift guide; charity and giving back is such an important part of MY life, that I feel it’s super important to spread the word about how there are many companies that actually DO care. Here are a few of my favorite beauty products that give back, all of which would make for excellent gifts:
1. Clinique Happy Hearts Perfume: $10 from every purchase goes to the Happy Hearts Fund, a non-profit foundation dedicated to rebuilding schools and restoring hope in the lives of children after natural disasters. To date, Clinique has donated $250,000 to the Happy Hearts Fund and will continue to support programs provided by this wonderful organization.
2. MAC RuPaul The Original Viva Glam Lipstick: MAC’s Viva Glam has raised a mind-boggling $250 million for HIV/AIDS programs since 1994 and they’re bringing their original Viva Glam Girl back! RuPaul’s shade and every cent will go towards helping women, men, and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
3. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Whipped Body Butter: Available in Grapefruit or Coriander, by purchasing a jar of the Kiehl’s Creme de Corps whipped body butter, you can take a step to end childhood hunger in the United States — up to $100,000 from all net proceeds will benefit the No Kid Hungry cause, which provides additional meals to children in need. One jar provides 380 meals, and in addition to the amazing cause it benefits. Done deal.
4. LUSH Charity Pot Cocoa Butter Lotion: Not only is this heavenly lotion vegan and sourced from Fair Trade organic cocoa butter, it also contributes every penny of its price (after tax) directly to various amazing charities. Since 2005, they’ve donated to more than 350 charities including Black Pine Animal Sanctuary, Acid Survivors Trust, and the Beagle Freedom Project.
5. OPI Sandy Hook Green Nail Polish: OPI bottled the rich, bright green of Sandy Hook Elementary’s school colors to support Sandy Hook Promise. All proceeds will aid the families of Newtown and promote an open dialogue about mental health, school safety, and gun safety.
I stopped by the MAC Cosmetics PRO store on Robertson Blvd. the other day to chat with Rick Baker and check out his collection for MAC. Now, obviously, MAC is known for being the go-to Halloween makeup brand since they have some truly amazing products that boast rich pigment and long wear, which is why it’s no surprise that I was truly in AWE of the three looks that Rick and MAC came up with for Halloween 2013. By the way, these makeup looks were done with just MAC makeup, no plastics or additional costume products, which is insane! I spoke to Rick, legendary Hollywood makeup artist, about his favorite MAC products to use on set. The answer? “Makeup effects demand very specific products as many ordinary makeup products won’t work on rubber appliances. If I am doing paint makeup, I like to use Chromacakes, Paint Stick and MAC’s acrylic paint. I also like a combination of mixing medium and cosmetic pigments.”
To view the entire Rick Baker MAC Collection, click HERE.
Day of the dead
Bride of Frankenstein
Photo credit: Chelsea Lauren