I always struggle when it comes to making a holiday gift list for myself, mostly because I’m incredibly hard to shop for. Looking back at my wish lists from 2011 and 2012 it looks like there’s always a similar theme: quirky stuff that’s also incredibly useful. I actually DID buy myself the Macbook Air that I listed on last year’s list (currently using to write this post!) my mom bought me the Tocca candle from 2011, so given the theme that I end up with one thing from my list every year, which item do you think I should buy this year?
1. Fire Escape Shelf: In a weird way, I feel like I never really appreciated my fire escape when I had one while living in New York City…this hilarious/actually practical wall shelf is all kinds of awesome.
2. BCBG Spiked Apple Jewelry Box: My first thought: punk rock Snow White. My second thought: I want this in a bad way…it also comes in silver and gold.
3. Striped Cashmere Eye Mask: I started using an eye mask to sleep in college and I’ve never looked back. It would seem that a cashmere version would be the next step in life.
4. Cube Planter: I’ve been fascinated with terrariums since I made one in elementary school and this one is really modern and cool…and definitely not made by an 8-year-old.
5. Cat Ice Cube Tray: Do I really need to explain this one? Meow.
6. THIS WORKS Deep Sleep Pillow Spray: I’m all about the good sleep and this spray just seems like a dream (no pun intended) to pair with the cashmere eye mask. The soothing blend of lavender, vetivert and wild camomile essential oils will help calm the mind in preparation for a restorative slumber.