Nails have never been my thing, gotta be honest…but recently, I got to exploring the tools that you actually need to get a good mani. There are like 5,000 tools on the market but, in reality, you only need these babies:
1. A Good Nail File: This is easier said than done. Find a good nail file that not only looks cute, but also actually FILES your nails properly.
2. Cleansing Soap: I’m sooo not a fan of bar soap, but nail artists all say that bar soap does a better job of cleansing hands than anything else. So, if I HAVE to use it, it may as well be CHANEL.
3. Tweezerman’s Pushy and Nail Cleaner: Stop using your other fingers to push back your cuticles! This tool will do it for you, and better.
4. Cotton Pads: I’m totally guilty of using cotton balls and they’re just NOT as good since they shed everywhere and stick to your nails. These pads are the business.
5. Base Coat: The Sally Hansen version serves as a base coat AND a top coat (two for one!). I recently found out the importance of using a base coat (e.g. use one so your nails don’t turn yellow).
6. Polish: Et voila. Top off your mani with your favorite nail polish of the moment. Right now, I’m loving all things Deborah Lippmann.