I recently read a great post on one of my favorite blogs, ABeautifulMess.com, about her tradition of setting four SIMPLE goals for herself every Fall, to end out the year on a positive note before the new year starts in January. I set quite a few 2013 “goals” for myself and sure, I’m happy to say that I actually accomplished a few of them (e.g. finally putting together my gallery wall (!), paying off my credit cards, continuing to volunteer, getting my friends “just because” gifts, etc.) but there are still a TON that I wasn’t able to accomplish. I’m thinking now that maybe listing so many goals was a mistake and also VERY overwhelming, which is why I’m into the idea of these four profoundly simple goals that I can focus on in November and December. My goals are above…what are yours?
You can participate in the A Beautiful Mess 4 Simple Goals challenge as well! Its purpose is to challenge and remind you to create healthy, life-enriching habits during the busiest time of the year. If you’re game, here are the “rules”:
1. Choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. Choose things you may not otherwise get done but are not difficult to accomplish.
2. Do not choose result oriented goals. Choose activity oriented goals. For example, instead of “lose 10 pounds”, choose something like “eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day”. Get what I’m saying? Positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. Choose personal goals you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! They can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. Choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! It can be a small or large reward—it’s up to you.
5. Blog about your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year! Be sure to leave us a link to your blog in the comments section. I’ll be sure to share my experiences in a follow-up post before the new year and my 2014 goals in January.