I interviewed CHRISSY TEIGEN for my Three Questions With series back in June and that’s when I pretty much instantly formed a girl crush on her. And then THE GRAMMYS happened and I (along with the rest of the internet) was like “whaaaa?” She looks a-mazing, which naturally inspired me to come up with this get-the-look. To be fair, I don’t know what Chrissy’s makeup artist and hair stylist actually used, but these products will get you similar results, minus being a supermodel, obviously. Side note, I’m also equally obsessed with Chrissy’s JOHANNA JOHNSON dress…
Chrissy Teigen is one of those people you truly want to be best friends with…or at least, I do. If you’re not already following her on Twitter, you should be, cause let me tell you- she is hilarious. And with that said, it was no surprise that we had literally the funniest interview ever and it was truly hard narrowing it down to only three questions!
Q: What advice would you give your 22-year-old self?
A: Don’t be so worried…at 22 I felt so lost. What am I gonna do with my career? Am I gonna have a career? I never just stopped and took the moments in, so I would tell myself not to be so worried.
Q: What made you decide to partner with Gillette Venus?
A: They’re just such a wonderful company; honestly, it’s great to see a company being so interactive with women. I’m a girl’s girl. It’s cool to be with a brand that really appreciates and empowers women- I love it. We’ve partnered up with Step Up Women’s Network and we’ve done this thing called “Step Up and Step Out” and for every step taken on our blue carpet, Gillette Venus donated $1 to Step Up Women’s Network. It’s great seeing how quickly something good can be done, via social media, with just a hash tag (#StepUp).
Q: Speaking of social media (Chrissy’s tweets are infamous), what was the one tweet that everyone just freaked out over?
A: Oh, so many come to mind. I’ll say anything tweeting from award shows…some people have some hard-core fans. So never upset…the fans. (lots of laughter after this) To note, Chrissy is a self-proclaimed member of “the bey-hive,” which is apparently Beyonce fans.
Chrissy’s favorite products:
1. Venus and Olay Razor: “It smells like crème brule!”
2. Tatcha Original Aburatorigami face blotting papers: The model uses these when it’s hot and humid in New York City and mentioned that they have gold flakes in them.
Image via Shutterstock
This past weekend was a little stressful but I woke up on Monday feeling refreshed and ready to go. I’m thinking of upping my meditation time from 15-20 minutes a day to 40 minutes a day, which is kind of huge jump, I know, but might make a big difference? Do you guys meditate for that long (or longer)?
- Um, best makeup tutorial of the moment: the puking rainbow from Snapchat. Get with it.
- I also love this (equally colorful) Lisa Frank DIY costume
- This list of how to be a better human, the Amy Poehler way, is the best thing I’ve read in awhile and also extremely useful
- I am SO excited to make this “guilt-free” lasagna that Chrissy Teigen made on A Fab Life the other week
- In case you missed it, here’s the video clip from my Emmy’s fashion Good Day LA segment!
- Amber wrote an interesting post about eyebrow transplants. Awesome or weird?
- I’m always jealous of anyone who can pull off boyfriend jeans cause they are NOT for anyone with hips (like myself), sadly. Grace put together a super cute outfit here.
- Yummy desk snack ideas = YES.
This week is gonna be a fun one. I’ve got a few fun dinners planned with friends and my good friend J’s bachelorette party this weekend! Oh, and this might be one of the most LA things I’ve ever said but I can’t wait for the RAIN TO COME. Yes, apparently it’s happening.
- Fergie shares her guide to LA on Avon’s Beauty For a Purpose blog and I love pretty much everything on her list 🙂
- This list of four hotels you need to visit in Venice, Italy takes me back to my study abroad days and, MY GOD, do I miss Venice.
- I’m pretty excited for the new champagne emoji (why still no white wine?!) that we’re about to get, but I’m REALLY excited about the middle finger emoji…imagine the possibilities.
- I love the gorgeous bright pink dress that Grace wore to a wedding in Hawaii- it’s the perfect dress to wear for a “beach chic” wedding
- Chrissy Teigen’s response to the fat shaming video I don’t even wanna talk about is PERFECT.
I definitely haven’t done a Tuesday Web Candy post in awhile, mostly because I just wasn’t really feeling it anymore. It felt old and, I mean, I HAVE been doing it for like eight-ish years, so that kinda makes sense. After almost just dropping it all together I decided “hey, I actually like sharing what I read on the internet…I find good stuff ,” I decided to just give it a format revamp and be done with it. I really like the way Hallie does her weekly link love/recap posts so I decided to do a similar format and hopefully you guys all like it! Click “Read More” to see my favorite reads of the week…
Loving this post on 23 secret uses for everyday beauty products. We can ALL use these! – Byrdie.com
Everyone knows the whole “friends with benefits” thing NEVER works. Here are a few things that are better (sarcasm ahead) – ManRepeller.com
My budget beauty buy of the week – TheBudgetBabe.com
I’m still in shock that Robin Williams is really gone and this Twitter tribute is pretty great – Refinery29.com
Really digging this blog that I just discovered! – AtHomeInLove.com
As an avid self-tanner, I can honestly laugh at this list fo the 35 most orange men to ever grace the red carpet. Amen. You live, you learn, boys. – NYMag.com
Amber’s Motivate Monday really did get me going – Rouge18.com
My latest piece for Refinery29 is just in time for award season. Here I share how celebs REALLY get ready for the red carpet – Refinery29.com
If you need a good laugh about your dating life, read this list – TheLuxurySpot.com
I have mixed feelings about Jennifer Laurence but this gif of her intentionally shaking her arm fat pretty much secures my love for her. – NYMag.com
Chrissy Teigen carried a $40 JustFab clutch to the Vanity Fair Oscars party which, ironically, happens to be the same purse I used in Miami this weekend…only I used the gold version – TheBudgetBabe.com