Emmy Rossum is VERY quarter life crisis, so when I got the scoop on her skincare routine from her makeup artist, Jake Bailey, I had to share. The photo above is from the Jeffrey Fashion Cares Fundraiser hel yesterday, April 2, in New York City.
– Create the perfect canvas for any makeup look – a flawless, glowing complexion – withBioré Acne Clearing Scrub. Bioré Acne Clearing Scrub gently cleanses and polishes skin without harsh side effects or over-drying.
– Accentuate the eye by lining the top and bottom lash line with a waterproof crème liner. Apply a thin line in the crease of the eye to further emphasize the ‘mod’ look.
-Using the same waterproof crème liner, paint tiny strokes between bottom lashes to eliminate the need for false eyelashes and create a retro feeling.
– Apply a strip of full, black false eyelashes on the top lashes to create a doe-eyed effect.
– Apply a coat of waterproof black mascara on top and bottom lashes to finish the dramatic eye look.
– Highlight using a radiant, creamy concealer in a light shade along the brow bone.
– Apply a satiny lip pencil, a shade or two darker than the lips’ natural shade, to accentuate lips’ natural color while keeping the look clean and modern.
– Apply a crème blush or bronzer to cheekbones rather than a traditional powder blush to keep cheeks dewy and fresh-looking.
– Finish with a dusting of matte powder in a transparent shade across the T-Zone to eliminate shine.
Aaaah, the SAG Awards. They’re always over-shadowed by the Golden Globes but I have to say, I’m way into the dresses above (Mila Kunis, January Jones, Julia Stiles). AND, I’m kind of obsessed with Julia Stiles’ makeup (and dress, for that matter). Here’s how to get the look:
Julia’s look was created by celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey, who was really inspired by her gorgeous flowing dress for an effortless “rich hippie” look. “I wanted her skin to be flawless but dewy so I used COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation, buffing it into the skin with a flat-topped brush. I brushed a bronzer with a hint of shimmer on her cheeks and along the hairline for a natural glow and finished her skin with a shimmery coral blush on the apples of her cheeks.”
Bailey wanted to create a dramatic smoky eye so he lined the inner rim and lashline with COVERGIRL LiquiLineBlast in Black Fire and then smudged it upwards. He then used COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Purple Plume along the lid and up towards the brow bone. He finished her eyes with dramatic lashes using false lashes and then applying COVERGIRL LashBlast Fusion before applying COVERGIRL Lip Perfection in Smoky and then filled her lips in with COVERGIRL Lip Perfection in Delish.
So at this point, pretty much everyone has at least seen Kanye’s little outburst on last night’s MTV VMA’s…however, Kanye and Taylor Swift aside, my favorite beauty look of the night was definitely Katy Perry. Master makeup artist, Jake Bailey, did her look and here’s what he had to say…
“Katy’s look was definitely inspired by her dress; she wore an outrageous metal spiked mesh mini by ‘The Blonds.’ The dress reminded me of a Gianni Versace book I have called ‘Rock and Royalty’ and the powerful iconic images in it. I wanted the eyes to evoke that type of decadent glamour and of course complement the sparkle of the dress with a little sparkle on the eyes.”
To get the look:
“We used NARS Oil Free foundation as Katy’s base and a pink shimmer Blush for some glow. We kept the lips matte so the emphasis was on her eyes, but the definitely were not without color! For the carpet, Katy wore a matte coral and for her performance and after party, she wore a matte red.The eye look was done with black and gunmetal shadows, silver glitter and liquid liner. A great trick to wearing glitter like this, is to blend a little cream shadow onto the area where you want to place the glitter. You should do this once your eye makeup is finished. So as a last step, gently apply the glitter using your fingertip… just a little at a time in order to avoid a mess. Once finished use scotch tape to remove any excess glitter that may have fallen on the face. Press the tape gently into the skin and it picks it right up.Katy’s lashes were ultra long and gorgeous thanks to COVERGIRL LashBlast Length Mascara.