Truth be told, my legs have never been my favorite body part but when I heard that Venus razors enlisted celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson (think Gwenyth, Madonna and Kate Hudson), naturally, I was intrigued. For example, did you know that 30% of women are currently using a men’s razor because they think they are better?! (Fact, they are not). Well, let’s get down to the nitty gritty – I asked Tracy for some tips on how to get my hot spots in shape, e.g. my stomach and thighs.
STOMACH FITNESS TIPS:
- Stretch and contrast (open and close the rib cage) abs during sit ups to lengthen the muscles for a feminine looking stomach. A good example is a PIKE – lay flat on your back with arm stretched out over your head and legs straight out in front of you; allow your ribs to open and stretch through your stomach. Then bring your hands down to your sides and legs straight up in the air at 90 degrees, the shoulders and head will lift up in an upper body crunch. Release back to starting position – do 15-25, and work your way up to 100.
- Sweat during your workouts! It reduces unnecessary bloating.
THIGH FITNESS TIPS:
- Inner thighs bulk quickly; find a leg program that engages the inner thigh without bulking. Programs that have a dance base are a good example.
- A simple exercise for the inner thigh is to lay on your side, supporting your body by leaning on your elbow, your wokring leg stretched out straight out in the same line as your body with the other leg bent at the knee so the sole of your foot is on the ground. Lift the working leg straight up, keeping the thigh turned out, lower back to the floor, and then kick the other leg out to the side in the same line as the leg on the ground, making a small split. Do about 40 reps on each leg.
- Stay away from spinning and the elliptical – they both tend to bulk up thighs! Dance cardio is a great base.