I need help! I just dyed my hair for the first time EVER now my ends are totally FRIED. Is there anything I can do? I literally just got a cut, so I don’t want to cut anymore length off, but it looks terrible!
Thanks in advance,
Well congrats on dying your hair for the first time, that’s pretty epic 🙂 As for the dry ends, that’s pretty common and don’t worry because there are definitely things you can do to make your ends look better until your next cut (in about 2-3 months).
1. Use a deep conditioning mask: They usually say to use them once or twice a week but, personally, I use mine every other day and definitely see a big difference in hydration.
2. Don’t over-brush your hair: Get yourself a Wet Brush – they’re fab because they’re gentle on wet or dry hair and don’t cause damage the way some brushes do, especially on wet hair.
3. Limit heat styling: I know, I know. I’m totally a slave to the flat iron but try to limit heat styling on your hair while it’s damaged since heat styling is usually the biggest culprit.
4. Try a leave-in conditioner: Spritz or apply leave-in cream onto your ends or wherever you see lots of dryness for all-day moisture.
5. Get regular hair cuts: Finally, the best “cure” for split ends really IS to get frequent hair cuts. Even if you trim a tiny bit off, it helps hair grow faster and look 100% more healthy.
Also check out the products below (all great for dry, damaged hair) and let me know how it goes!
PRODUCTS FOR DRY, DAMAGED HAIR:
Check out more Reader Question posts HERE.