I’ve got lots of (beauty product) pots in my life, but these are a few of my favorites as of late…
When my friends at Jouer Cosmetics offered me the chance to become an ICONIC MUSE for celebrity makeup artist and photographer, Troy Jensen, I jumped at the chance. If you’re like me and you’re obsessed with the beauty industry, then you KNOW of Troy and his work with celebs like Miranda Kerr, Elle Macpherson, Jennifer Lopez, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rachel McAdams and more, and I mean…I wasn’t about to scoff at annny of that. So, here’s how it went down…
We were told to bring a few pieces of clothing to wear for the shoot and, naturally, all I brought was my beloved Bebe motorcycle jacket and nothing else. Now, normally I wouldn’t have been such a jerk but I was scheduled for the second day of this epic shoot and I happened to see tons of Instagram photos from other beauty bloggers doing the same thing, all of which showed the most gorgeous sparkly pastel and white gowns that Jouer got for us to wear during the shoot. Since I’m so not the sparkly pastel dress kind of girl, I thought it might be fun to throw a little black moto over it and go for the punk princess kind of look. Luckily Troy was into it and, in fact, had this reaction:
“You…Brigitte Bardot. Yes!”
(which was achieved by the genius Nikki Lee and her team of 901 Salon)
Full disclosure: the first photo was retouched, but guys…I’m also posting a few of my favorite photos and some behind-the-scenes shots that are totally untouched (like the one directly above). As much as I love the idea of perfection, I’m a big believer in the #NotPhotoshopped movement because, honestly, the photos are gorgeous even with out the magic airbrush.
Here are more of my untouched faves and behind-the-scenes shots from the most amazing photo shoot ever:
Do a mini photo shoot of yourself in an outfit you adore. I did one today with Jouer Cosmetics and I can’t wait to share more photos with you all next week!
I love the idea of having a “date night.” Even if you’re single (like me), have a date night with the girls (image via GrasieMercedes.com)
Guys, I honestly can’t believe that today marks my 8TH BLOGGING ANNIVERSARY (“BLOGiversary,” if you will), but it does. It also marks my first year as a full-time blogger AND, in honor of this monumental occasion, I’m giving away EIGHT of my favorite products (above) to EIGHT winners 🙂 Eight years of blogging…get it? So yeah, eight of you will win EVERYTHING above. You’re welcome.
Each prize set is valued at more than $300, so make sure to enter and spread the word.
Here’s how to enter and more details on what you will win…
At this point in my life, I have my “going out” essentials pretty down pat, but still use a little reminder that my friend Anne Fritz Linval told me about YEARS ago. It’s actually quite genius…it’s the acronym “MILK.” Money, ID, Lipgloss, Keys. Now, of course, you can also add cell phone and a few other things to MILK but when it comes down to it, you’ll be a-ok if you just have those four items. Here’s a list of what I bring out with me when I go out:
The clutch// Of course, this depends on your outfit, but I’m loving this sequin version lately since the color is a sort of neutral metallic and matches pretty much anything.
Money (M)// Obviously, you need this. I like to bring at least $5 in cash, which is good for tipping and/or valet, and then a credit card.
ID (I)// Most people are good with just a license, but I like to air on the side of caution and also bring my insurance card just in case I get into an accident or get injured. God, I sound just like my mother right now…
KATE BECKINSALE (IN ZUHAIR MURAD)
Flawless dress, flawless face. Makeup artist Adam Breuchaud used Jouer Cosmetics on the stunning actress. “When I first saw the silver and gunmetal metallic dress I immediately thought it needed a sexy, rock n’ roll make up. We decided on a smudged kohl eye, almost the day after look,” said Adam. See below for the step-by-step…
I started by smudging Jouer Creme Eyeshadow in Suede all over the eye. I blended Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Opal in the inner corner for a highlight, then layered Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Chocolat over her lid. Next, I applied Jouer Eye Definer in Noir along the top and bottom lash line. Over that I blended Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Licorice to really smoke out the look.
After cleaning under her eye I applied the Jouer Age-Repairing Concealer in No.3 Cameo where needed. Then I applied the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Bronzed as a foundation. It is sheer enough to let the skin show through where you want and build more coverage where you need.
To finish off the look I used Jouer Lip Gloss in Cherish.
ALLISON WILLIAMS (IN ALEXANDER MCQUEEN)
- First, Lauren groomed Allison’s brows with Votre Vu Brow Wax.
- Next, she played up Allison’s baby blue eyes with a classic smokey eye using Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Urban Skyline.
- Lauren lined her eyes with Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Blackest Black and then coated lashes with Avon Mega Effects Mascara.
- On Allison’s face, Lauren applied YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation and then dusted on Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light.
- Lauren swiped Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Rose Petal on the apples of Allison’s cheeks.
- To complete the look, Lauren applied Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick in Ripe Rose.
OLIVIA WILDE (IN GUCCI)
Her hair. I can’t…it’s just so good. Hair stylist Lona Vigi captured the pregnant starlet’s natural beauty. Lona said, “Olivia wanted to feel like herself tonight – beautiful, but not overdone – so I decided to leave her hair down. I think this look is sexy and effortless. And even a bit rock ‘n roll.”
1. Prep wet hair using Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum on the ends for shine and to protect the cuticles; Oscar Blandi Lacca Hairspray on the roots for body and “staying power;” and Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Heat Protect Spray to safeguard from hot tools.
2. Part the hair to one side and blow-dry using a round brush.
3. Spray hair all over with Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray and then curl it, alternating with different curling iron barrels (¾ to 1½ inches); repeat and tousle for more texture.
4. Spray Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Spray onto the roots and all over for body, shine and to absorb any product residue.