1. Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water: I know what you’re thinking…spa water? Really? But it’s just soooo good. The Cleansing Spa Water is actually Koh Gen Do’s bestselling skincare product and is easy and gentle to use for all skin types. Made with mineral-rich hot spring water, it’s basically infused with six essential herbs to protect and nurture skin. White birch sap, harvested only three weeks each spring, adds minerals and Xylitol as it removes makeup, oils, and residue. The formula includes the extracts of essential herbs including: rosemary leaf, sage leaf, lavender, artemsia princeps leaf, perilla ocymoides, and ginger root…so yeah, it’s not actually JUST spa water.
2. Jouer Liquid Shimmer Eyeliner: Aside from the awesome animal-themed color names (Panter, Lynx, Fox, Leopard, Mink and Sable), this liquid liner is just ridiculously good…and more importantly, easy to use. The subtle shimmer in each shade offers extreme wearability while the water-base formula allows for a little extra dry-down time; it’s also rich in vitamins A and E…bonus.
3. Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge: This sponge is serious business. The Japanese have traditionally used konjac root as a dietary staple that helps to detoxify and calm the skin so it makes total sense that it now comes in sponge form. Konjac Root is naturally alkaline, and balances the acidity of the skin’s impurities and oils while being naturally enriched with protein, carbohydrate, iron, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin D, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C, and folic acid. Interesting fact: Konjac was originally introduced to Japan as a medicine in the sixth century, and continues to lend its incredible benefits to health foods as well as skincare. Today, it is grown wild and in farms at very high altitudes, which help to keep the sponge extremely pure and free of pollutants.
4. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: First of all, I LOVE that this mascara is inspired by the curves of a woman’s body; the hourglass-shaped brush was designed with extra stiff bristles to maximize the performance of this carbon black, collagen-fueled formula. All it takes is one coat and your lashes are full and defined…this is definitely a mascara winner in my book.
5. Olie Biologique Rejuvenating Oil: I love a good face oil, let me tell you. This product boasts a blend of eight organic plant botanicals and floral extracts that provide all-natural skin quenching properties with lightweight, healing potency. Anti-oxidants, fatty acids and naturally occurring retinoic acid preserve elasticity, plump lines and improve firmness. Oh, and it’s non-greasy for anyone worried about that.
Ok, so I’m a big believer that there really isn’t an answer to the “best” mother’s day gift, since the “best” gift really depends on your mother. But hey, these are gifts that I know MY mom would absolutely love…and that’s good enough for me.
1. Maya Brenner Letter Necklace: What’s not to love about the initials of your children (Jamie and Melissa)?! I feel like any mother would adore these dainty necklaces.
2. Jouer Cosmetics Deluxe Leather Train Case: I don’t know about you guys but my mom’s makeup case is a complete disaster. I want to get my mom something classic, simple and chic for her to store her daily makeup products.
3. Flavor Infused Water Bottle: Unlike myself, my mom doesn’t really like drinking water. From what I hear, infusing water with fruit seems to help the anti-water people get it down in a somewhat enjoyable way.
4. Drybar Buttercup Blow Dryer: I don’t think my mom has purchased a new blow dryer since the early 90s, which is exactly why I want to get my mom a super modern, turbo-infused blow dryer that will literally knock her socks off.
5. Pottery Barn Glass Cloche Jewelry Storage: There’s something really elegant and whimsical about this jewelry holder and, funny enough, my mom’s name starts with an “A,” so I can already imagine what my mom’s jewels will look like in this holder.