I’ve covered quite a bit of holiday beauty gifts already (here, here and here) but I couldn’t resist these, especially selected for the LIPS. Maybe it’s because I had a lip treatment at Bliss Spa today (ok, that’s probably what it is), but I’ve gotta tell you…my lips are feeling fresh and sexy as ever right now and I’m inspired. Here are my top lip gifts to give:
1.Bliss Fabulips ‘pout’-o-matic// It looks like an electric toothbrush at first glance but it’s waaaay gentle on your lips, yet still does the exfoliating job. This is definitely going to be my new favorite thing for 2014.
2. Fresh Sugar Baby// Fresh’s Sugar Rose lipstick is a classic so it’s not really a surprise that they put together this great three-piece gift set.
3. LUSH Christmas Kisses// The name pretty much says it all: it’s a Christmas-themed set of lip goodness including a scrub, lip tint and awesome breath mints.
4. eos Smooth Lip Balm Sphere Holiday Ornament// These little eos lip balms are pretty popular…one, because they’re cute and fun to use and two, because they actually really do hydrate. I love the idea of this fun sphere holiday ornament.
Gifts that give back is pretty much a staple when it comes to my holiday gift guide; charity and giving back is such an important part of MY life, that I feel it’s super important to spread the word about how there are many companies that actually DO care. Here are a few of my favorite beauty products that give back, all of which would make for excellent gifts:
1. Clinique Happy Hearts Perfume: $10 from every purchase goes to the Happy Hearts Fund, a non-profit foundation dedicated to rebuilding schools and restoring hope in the lives of children after natural disasters. To date, Clinique has donated $250,000 to the Happy Hearts Fund and will continue to support programs provided by this wonderful organization.
2. MAC RuPaul The Original Viva Glam Lipstick: MAC’s Viva Glam has raised a mind-boggling $250 million for HIV/AIDS programs since 1994 and they’re bringing their original Viva Glam Girl back! RuPaul’s shade and every cent will go towards helping women, men, and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
3. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Whipped Body Butter: Available in Grapefruit or Coriander, by purchasing a jar of the Kiehl’s Creme de Corps whipped body butter, you can take a step to end childhood hunger in the United States — up to $100,000 from all net proceeds will benefit the No Kid Hungry cause, which provides additional meals to children in need. One jar provides 380 meals, and in addition to the amazing cause it benefits. Done deal.
5. OPI Sandy Hook Green Nail Polish: OPI bottled the rich, bright green of Sandy Hook Elementary’s school colors to support Sandy Hook Promise. All proceeds will aid the families of Newtown and promote an open dialogue about mental health, school safety, and gun safety.