Because I always play makeup favorites…
Search Honestly Jamie
Because I always play makeup favorites…
Emmy Rossum is VERY quarter life crisis, so when I got the scoop on her skincare routine from her makeup artist, Jake Bailey, I had to share. The photo above is from the Jeffrey Fashion Cares Fundraiser hel yesterday, April 2, in New York City.
– Create the perfect canvas for any makeup look – a flawless, glowing complexion – with Bioré Acne Clearing Scrub. Bioré Acne Clearing Scrub gently cleanses and polishes skin without harsh side effects or over-drying.
– Accentuate the eye by lining the top and bottom lash line with a waterproof crème liner. Apply a thin line in the crease of the eye to further emphasize the ‘mod’ look.
-Using the same waterproof crème liner, paint tiny strokes between bottom lashes to eliminate the need for false eyelashes and create a retro feeling.
– Apply a strip of full, black false eyelashes on the top lashes to create a doe-eyed effect.
– Apply a coat of waterproof black mascara on top and bottom lashes to finish the dramatic eye look.
– Highlight using a radiant, creamy concealer in a light shade along the brow bone.
– Apply a satiny lip pencil, a shade or two darker than the lips’ natural shade, to accentuate lips’ natural color while keeping the look clean and modern.
– Apply a crème blush or bronzer to cheekbones rather than a traditional powder blush to keep cheeks dewy and fresh-looking.
– Finish with a dusting of matte powder in a transparent shade across the T-Zone to eliminate shine.
You guys know about my obsession with beauty products that smell like food, so it should be NO SURPRISE that I’m clearly excited about the April 11th online debut (in-stores on April 18th) of MAC’s new limited-edition Baking Beauties Collection. I can’t even give an accurate description of the sugary line, because I’m THAT excited. Ok, that’s slightly crazy but I can tell you that it’s a sugary mix of pastels with a face powder that has a cake pattern etched into it. I kind of hate when brands do cool designs in powder compacts because it truly makes me not want to actually USE THE PRODUCT and then I end up keeping it for years and, once again, prove how gross I am. Anywho, make sure you check out the limited-edition collection stat.
I’m loving Devon’s chic bar cart…I’m obsessed with the idea of having one, as dangerous as that idea is – DevonRachel
13 lipsticks for people who hate lipstick, like myself – Fashionista
Lately I’ve been feeling some 90s style, which is when I was really into the idea of clear purses – Le Catch
DIY projects that your PET will love. OH yeah – Buzzfeed
Alyssa is the cutest pregnant lady EVER – The Sparkly Life
Veronica Mars, the movie?! Kickstarter raised more than $2mm today, no joke – Refinery 29
Nina Dobrev’s skin is pretty fantastic…here’s what she uses – InStyle
photo via InStyle.com
It’s not that often that I actually spend my own money on beauty products. Sorry, but it’s a true story. However, these are the products that I just simply ADORE and can’t live with out, free or not. Watch the video to hear all of the captivating details and don’t forget to to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Vivicscal Extra Strength: My hair growth miracle.
Yes to Cucumber Facial Towelettes: Perfect makeup cleansing cloths for my dry, sensitive skin! Seriously, I’m obsessed with these.
Clinque Even Better Makeup SPF 15: It’s a moderate to full coverage (with SPF!) and the foundation also helps prevent new discolorations from forming.
Aquaphor Healing Ointment: I put this on EVERYTHING. Got a skin issue? Put some Aquaphor on it, no joke. It’s an all-purpose skin products.
Moroccan Oil Treatment Light: The new-ish version (for fine hair) is even better for my hair, since it doesn’t weight it down but still smooths and prevents frizz.
photo: Nadine Jolie, me
Ah, awards season. You know how I love thee. I attended a super fun pre-Oscars party the other night at one of my favorite spots: The Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood. Freida Pinto co-hosted the party with Vanity Fair and, of course, L’Oréal Paris. Here’s how to get Freida’s stunning makeup look from the event:
FREIDA PINTO AT THE VANITY FAIR & L’OREAL PARIS DJ NIGHT PARTY
– Apply L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Power Volume Mascara in Black Smoke to lashes
– Create a smoky lid with L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Shadow Quad in Perfume ID
– Add definition to eyes using L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black
– Add a glossy pop of pink to lips with L’Oréal Paris Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Lilac Ever After
I can’t express in words the joy that came to my face when I opened my mail and came across this special 6-piece collection from Tarte Cosmetics for QVC. Like, the packaging just makes me so happy and I plan on using the bag as a summer clutch. What does it include? Oh, pretty much everything that you need: