Because this meal is quick, easy and healthy…
This healthy chicken cutlet and steamed garlic zucchini recipe is my latest go-to meal. And trust me when I tell you IT IS DELICIOUS.
My dad actually used to make this for me and my sister a lot growing up and he’s actually the only person I’ve seen make zucchini like this; it’s simple, healthy and honestly just really tasty. Of course, my dad used regular Italian bread crumbs, but once I tried Nut Crumbs for the first time I had zero regrets about subbing them in for regular bread crumbs. They are so good, guys. Basically Nut Crumbs is made from nuts (and spices!) instead of bread, making it gluten-free and Paleo and Keto-friendly.
By the way, I got the zucchini and chicken via the food delivery service I’ve used for years called Imperfect Foods (blogged about HERE); they’re great because the company sources “ugly” fruits and vegetables that usually go to waste on farms (i.e. grocery stores won’t buy them) and, according to the brand, more than 20% of the fruits and vegetables grown in America never make it off the farm because they aren’t perfect enough for grocery store standards. This results in billions of pounds of wasted produce every year so I’m happy to help fight food waste AND get my groceries delivered (especially during Coronavirus).
Here’s the recipe! I hope you love it as much as I do 🙂
Healthy Chicken Cutlet Recipe
- Nut Crumbs (I used Italian but really all the flavors are great)
- Chicken breast (I like thin cut)
- 1 zucchini
- a ton of garlic cloves (I use the pre-packaged kind from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 egg
- Olive oil spray
- Cut the zucchini and chop up the garlic cloves (I keep the pieces big but it’s personal preference)
- Steam the zucchini for 15-20 minutes, depending on how soft you want it
- While the zucchini is steaming, drench the chicken breast in the egg and coat with Nut Crumbs
- Spray the chicken breast with olive oil spray and air fry on the chicken setting for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, flip over and air fry another 10 minutes (you can also bake the chicken if you don’t have an air fryer – I’d say 30 minutes at 350 degrees is probably about right)
- Once the chicken is done, remove the zucchini and garlic from the steamer and top with pepper
What do you guys think?! Will you try this recipe?