Because it’s one of my favorite easy lunch spots here in LA…
Whenever someone asks me to pick a lunch spot in West Hollywood, I almost always suggest Zinque. During the day, it’s an order a the counter kind of place, there’s plenty of outdoor eating space, and the food is honestly just delicious. (It’s also listed in my blog post as one of my go-to LA restaurants, btw).
A few years ago my friend Roxy and I had lunch at Zinque and she told me that I HAD to try their le bowl. It sounded good, obviously, but after I tried it I literally became hooked and order it every single time I go to Zinque, lol. It’s actually silly that I’ve never tried to replicate the le bowl before, but we all obviously have a lot more time on our hands right now and I also want to spread the le bowl love to anyone who doesn’t live in LA!
Side note: Zinque IS still open and available for delivery and curb side pickup (they have three locations in Los Angeles if you want to try the original!).
How To Make Zinque’s Le Bowl
- Arugula lettuce
- Tomatoes, cubed (I only had cherry but Zinque uses the big Roma ones, I believe)
- 1/2 an avocado, cubed
- 1 piece chicken cutlet (shredded)
- 1/2 C brown rice (you can also sub cauliflower rice or RightRice)
- 1 Tbsp non-fat greek yogurt (I use this instead of mayo)
- Sriracha sauce
- Shaved parmesan (I couldn’t find this so I skipped it)
- Comte cheese (not my favorite so I left it out but the OG includes it)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the shredded chicken with the greek yogurt and sriracha until you get a spicy flavor you like
- Add chicken and sauce to a bowl and add in tomato, avocado and arugula
- Add cheese to taste (I added a pinch of grated parm since I didn’t have the shredded kind)
- Add salt and pepper to taste
What do you think?! Will you try this recipe?