It’s that time again- the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale – and I have mixed reviews…
Wow. It’s hard to believe this is my first blog post since before my dad died. Truthfully, I’ve been trying to write a post about the grief I’ve been dealing with and it’s just really proven to be a lot more emotionally taxing than I thought, which means I’ve been procrastinating the shit out of it. Then I was talking with my friend Lori the other night and she reminded me of something important: there are no rules.
I can wait to post about my dad’s death if I want to. Who’s pressuring me to post anyway? For now, I want to deal quietly and privately (mostly, but you’ve probably seen some IG Stories about it) until I’m ready to talk (and write) about it.
As for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale…meh. I always look forward to sharing my beauty picks with you guys but this year was kind of whatever, IMO, and from what I’ve seen from my fashion blogger friends, I’m not alone.
That said, I was extra particular when selected my must-haves this year and, to be honest, I wasn’t super impressed with any of the makeup or fragrance sales this year so I didn’t include any products from that category…I know, womp womp. But here’s what I DO LOVE and recommend…
- My favorite bra ever – I typically get one new one a year during this sale and, believe me, you won’t regret the purchase.
- You need this Diptyque candle set; it’s only $55 for the set (one candle is normally $65) and you get all the best scents
- I never thought I’d spend this much on a blanket but this Kardashian-approved throw is a definitive favorite (and the cats are obsessed, too). I’m mad I paid full price! lol.
- Two of my favorite multi-tasking hair/body products from OUAI are on sale; I’ve been legit obsessed with this product since it launched.
- La Mer for under $100!?
- This chemical exfoliant is in my skincare hall of fame, and so many of you have tried and loved it.
- Lastly, if you’re a real baller you need THIS.
<Sh*t I bought for myself>
What are you guys buying during the sale? I’d love to get your thoughts.